Posted by Sam's Makeup on February 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
My first advice to you is don’t just go for the best price when choosing someone for hair and make-up, but go for someone that you trust. You should make sure that they understand your needs so that you feel 100% confident on your big day and are not stressed.
Get plenty of beauty sleep two nights before your wedding day.
- Wash your hair before you go to bed and blow-dry it. Do not wash your hair the same wedding day. Dirty hair is the secret to long-wearing updo.
- Your hair will probably be exposed to the weather more than usual. Use a conditioner or hot oil treatment before the wedding day.
- If you want an updo/ chignon or big hair, it is always better to bring a ponytail hairpiece or clip-on hair extensions- please consult the hair stylist before buying a wig to match your hair color.
- Bring a hairspray with you as you might need it later on.
- The style of your hair and make-up should also suit the theme of your wedding, your dress, your face shape, your complexion and your hair. Bear in mind that everything comes together at the end.
- Exfoliate your face and then moisturize it before you go to bed and moisturize first thing in the morning on your wedding day.
- Bring your mascara with you as it is better to use your own to avoid infection- waterproof is recommended.
- Get your eyebrows shaped; the make-up artist can assist you if you don't know how to.
If you have not requested touch-up services, make sure that your touch-up kit has all the right colours and make-up you need.
- Avoid bold nail polish
- It is a good idea to have your trial at least a month or two before your wedding day.
- Make sure that you have an idea of what you are wanting to look like on your big day, any pictures or magazine clippings of a style/makeup you have in mind is a great help for the stylist/make-up artist.
- Also, understand that your makeup will need to be heavier on the day of your wedding for longevity - and for the photos so you wont look washed out.
Please email Sam for appointments or questions at:
Or call/ text: (780) 604-4990